This simple and easy-to-use moment of inertia calculator will help you find the following:
- Moment of inertia for a circle, rectangle, hollow rectangular section (HSS), hollow circular and triangular sections.
- I-Beam, T-Beam, L-Sections (angles) and channel sections, as well as the centroid and section modulus.
You can use the calculator by choosing the cross sections you want to evaluate from the drop-down list on your screen.
Now, enter in the dimensions and hit the calculate button.
The results for centroid, moment of inertia, statical moment section modulus and torsion constant will be displayed on your right.
This free multi-purpose calculator is adopted from the full suite Structural Analysis Software. It allows you to:
- Compute the Moment of Inertia (I) of a beam section (Second Moment of Area).
- The Centroid Calculator is used to calculate the Centroid (C) in the X and Y axis of a beam section.
- Also, compute the First moment of area (Statical Moment of Inertia) (Q) of a beam section (First Moment of Area).
- Another Section of the Modulus Calculator can be used to calculate the Section Modulus (Z) of a beam section.
- Last but not the least, calculate the Torsion Constant (J) of a beam section.